About The FWO-Int'l Writing Resource Database
Searching Our Database:
- Users online: Number of users currently logged into the database.
- Tell Friend: Send a message to someone telling them about our resources [we do not retain addresses].
- Messages: Send and receive messages within the database in our message board.
Popular: The most popularly picked links in the system.
New: The latest resources added to the system.
Pick: Editor's pick of the crop.
TopRated: Listing of the top rated resources as voted on by our members.
Random: Have a resource randomly displayed to you.
Add: Add a link! Very important for you to do on a regular basis to help the system grow. If you feel you know of a site that is an important writing resource we should know about, use this command to add it to our database. All site additions are validated and verified before they are placed online, so please post only sites that provide writing resources, writing contests or other related writing information. It's best to become familiar with what we have before posting any new sites. NOTE: Sites falling outside our definition of writing resources, including, but not limited to, MLM, Advertising Hype, Adult, Racist/Hate, Money Makers, FFAs, Classifieds, etc., will not be validated so please do not add them. We are looking for legitimate writing resources only.
Popular: Articles on writing that are also listed at the bottom of the main page.
New: Our latest article additions.
TopRated: The top rated article as voted on by our members.
Add: Adding an article to our library can only be performed by authorized members.
About/Help: This page you are reading.
- The search functionality of our database is extraordinarily fast.
- You can search by All Words, Any Words, or an Exact Phrase.
- Use the Advanced Search Capability to really dig down deep and find what you are looking for.
- Search either the links, the articles or both. The choice is yours.
Sub-Category Resource Commands [after choosing a category or searching and finding a resource]:
- Preview: Is a toggle that opens and closes a little window view of the writing resource without having to actually go to the web site.
- This link in a frame: Literally means that it will load the writing resource into a separate window for you within a frame of our database.
- Details: Detailed information about the writing resource, including extra notes about what they offer, as well as a 1-5 rating system you can use or view.
- Rate it: Almost the same as the above "details" command, except used specifically for rating the resource on a 1-5 scale.
- Increase this link's ranking: If you would like to direct additional traffic to a specific resource, e.g. using the link as an email signature, this command gives the details on how to do that and increase the resources ranking within our database.
- Report error: If you find a link that is not functioning or causes some kind of problem, use this command to send us an error report. Please be as detailed as possible.
- Write a comment: Write your comments about the resource and we'll have it posted up after we validate the content.
- Tell a friend: Send a message to someone telling them about a specific resource [we do not retain addresses].
- Add this link to my favorites: You have the ability to flag/add specific links and categories to an internal favourites area that only you can see. You can also add notes and personal comments about the resources for future reference. Generally speaking these commands allow you to build your own personal library of resources within our database, without cluttering up your browser and having post-it notes stuck to your monitor.
- Logged in as: Your system user name.
- Log Off: Make sure you log off of the system each time you are finished using our database to ensure that your connection to our site (and your personal account) does not stay open.
- Your Favorites: The command to take you to the list of your favourite resources and comments about these resources (see "Add This Link To My Favourites" command).